Friday 15 June 2007

Miss Hilton, you must be worth a trillion bucks


Now. Before I begin, I realise that I have been, until this time, the silent partner. Which may be in the interests of my darling Hey Charlie! to be honest, because I’m not the most inspired person, I can’t even begin to loop a series of words together appropriately, and, really, I don’t have anything that comes even near to acceptable taste in music, what-so-absolutely-ever (Although I do have Thomas. He is Acceptable Taste In Music). Also- I lie. Like saying just then that I have no taste in music? That was a little porkie. I have no taste FULL STOP. I am currently watching The Simple Life with Paris and Nicole. And I’m up to my second episode. And I'm onto first name basis with Paris and Nicole. And I’m loving every trashy, tanned and plucked and rather slow minute.

Now: here’s the irony. I am watching Paris, who seems to be being eaten by a baby blue coloured fur sole (I’m being silly of course. It’s not EATING her. Someone’s killed the darling thing and REMOVED ITS FACE). Paris is having a 'serious' meeting with her publicist, or media relations manager, an orange man with blond tips and shiny nails and he says to her, “Paris, you need to hide your love away”. Very tactful.

And so we arrive at The Beatles (and Oasis, if you swing that way. They do a lovely cover). I don’t want to talk about The Beatles. They're just the bridge. They get us to who I do want to talk about. Not Paris. Not Paul, Ringo, John and George. But Hetty, Rachel, and Debsey. Is there a greater name than Debsey? If there is it’s probably Hettie and if there isn’t, then I’m glad we agree. And now we’ve arrived I don’t really have anything a lot to say about Dolly Mixture, except I love them, you’ll love them, and how come you’re such a hit with the boys Jane?


Oh. I’m lazy too. Here are links to the nutritional content of Dolly Mixture.

The Band

Their Space

Songs:
How Come You're Such A Hit With The Boys Jane?
Baby It's You
I love this version of this song. Apparently the girls didn't though, they thought the record company was trying to clean them up and sell them off as bright eyed, squeaky clean, come-home-and-meet-my-mother-dearest type girls and they disapproved. It is strange though, because when you listen to Dilly Dolly Dally that is exactly what they seem. All knitting and warm mince pies and firesides.
New Look Baby
Dilly Dolly Dally
Will He Kiss Me Tonight?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you.

Anonymous said...

I love you too.